|The SharePoint 2010 Engineer is responsible for administering and supporting all aspects of SharePoint 2010 infrastructure. The person will support all the components of the SharePoint environment including typical system administrative activities such as server administration tasks, monitoring site performance, testing of software releases, testing of developed code, review and testing of business intelligence solutions, disaster recovery plan, back-up, restore, performance analysis, and issue resolution.
This person will analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and creation of technical specifications for implementation or improvement to the infrastructure.
• Provides SME knowledge on installation and configuration of SharePoint 2010
• Implementation and support of SharePoint solutions
• Administer and manage the SharePoint farms and databases as required.
• Collaborate with infrastructure and DBA groups on back-up and disaster recovery tasks
• Provides leadership and expert knowledge in solving complex technical and business issues in regards to SharePoint 2010
• Participates in conducting infrastructure assessments as it relates to SharePoint
• Work from high level requirements through detailed specifications, prototype, software deployment and administration
• Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions document findings, identify areas for improvement
• Displays problem solving and analytical skills, using them to resolve technical problems; possesses and excellent understanding of business requirements and IT strategies.
• Comprehensive understanding of SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2010 Farm Architectures and integration with Office 2010
• Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Central Administration, Services, IIS, Web Parts, and site collection settings
• Must be familiar with SharePoint authentication functionality and configuration for Extranet access to the platform
• Experience with security set-up in a SharePoint 2010 environment
• Experience with configuring SharePoint Search and Federated Search
• Ability to administer SharePoint 2010 to include installing and configuring large web farm topology
• Ability to deploy SharePoint Solutions, Web Parts, and Applications Demonstrate ability maintaining SQL database solutions
• Exposure to Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery planning, and ITIL is a plus