|• 8+ years of BI-ETL experience, 3+ years of ETL using Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle and Spoon)
• Pentaho integration with Cloudera Hadoop added advantage
• XML processing (SAX and DOM) is a Plus
• Having good BI Implementation experience by design
• Hadoop + Pentaho : Candidate having integration experience in Hadoop & Pentaho is a plus
• Expertise in designing and troubleshooting Pentaho data integration (kettle) jobs, transformations, steps and hadoop-hdfs-hive based data transformations.
• Strong expertise in writing PL/SQL scripts, functions, stored procedures, complex SQL queries, PL/SQL analytical functions, hierarchical, parent-child queries.
• Expert in design and development of jobs to capture CDC(Change Data Capture) from source systems.
• Expertise in Java scripts, CSS, HTML & Unix shell scripts to support custom functions or steps is a plus
• Expert in designing and setting up exception handling and performance tuning of jobs.
• Analyzing, designing, testing and coding of BI front end applications and backend engines according to business requirements.
• Other BI Reporting related tools like Business Objects, Tableau etc… is a plus.
• Responsible for developing transformations to ingest and manipulate data from various sources.
• Responsibilities also include defining user needs, providing input to functional design, testing and troubleshooting.
• Defining and Driving Over all BI and ETL Solutioning / Architecture Standards
• Architecture Solutioning in Pentaho PDI landscape
• Analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and ability to work with a technical team comprised of internal and external resources.
• Performing Code Review with industry known best practices, Performance Tuning
• Gathering requirements from Business Users, conversion of business requirements to Pentaho PDI designs
• Pentaho PDI Job governance – Consolidation / Recommendations
• Performance Improvements for Pentaho PDI Jobs
• Understand Change control Management and drive changes by performing Impact Analysis
• Ownership of all the deliverables such as Pentaho PDI Job designs, process improvements and consolidation exercises
• Working with dependent teams such as DBA, Admin etc for tasks that require other team’s assistance
• Controlling Configuration Management to take care of multiple Pentaho PDI code versions and their management
• Monitoring History data, Initial Loadings and data reconciliation by working closely with Business users/stakeholders for validations
Strong Customer Mgt/Documentation/time/team management and organizational skills